Thread: DIY - KeK
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #59
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay I'll admit. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer

Hi Knc1

I'm having some difficulty with my X-compiler toolchain.

I'll post the grisly details here

Spoiler:
bash-4.1$ arm-linux-gcc --static -o testie Balsamic.c -lasound -lpthread -lm -lrt

/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/bin/../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/lib/libasound.a(pcm_dmix.o): In function `snd_pcm_dmix_sync_ptr':
pcm_dmix.c.text+0x245c): warning: Warning: snd_pcm_hwsync() is deprecated, consider to use snd_pcm_avail()

/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/bin/../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/lib/libasound.a(pcm_direct.o): In function `snd1_pcm_direct_parse_open_conf':
pcm_direct.c.text+0x5184): warning: Using 'getgrnam' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/bin/../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/lib/libasound.a(control_shm.o): In function `_snd_ctl_shm_open':
control_shm.c.text+0x1ad8): warning: Using 'gethostbyname' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

now as it goes I don't use those methods directly but the underbelly of ALSA might so I'm trying to get rid of it.

There is a reasonable article here that Indicates seemingly a similar issue?
http://stevehanov.ca/blog/index.php?id=97

And also a reference to bugs in busybox and other seemingly unrelated information.
I understand what the warning means, I am just unsure why I seem to have a never version that I should - or something. thanks.

So I thought I should go for the Kek standard advised version of the Code sourcery ones.

I currently have arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2012.03-57) 4.6.3

You reference : arm-2012.03-57-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2
as the latest one so do I have the right one already?

GM appears to use CodeSourcery 2010q1-202 - is why I ask, I'm just looking for some guidance I guess, thanks again.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote