View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Laws already existed to enable content creators to prosecute unauthorised downloaders, so shifting the burden of paying for that from the corporations most likely to benefit from a reduction in piracy to ordinary tax payers is just plain wrong. All you are doing is subsidising those corporations at the expense of smaller local businesses. (Like with the Tesco Value Workers.)
But it's not just large corporations who suffer at the hands of pirates; it's the little guys too, like you and me. I'm constantly finding my software pirated on Usenet, being sold illegally on eBay, etc. I'm sure that your books are pirated, too. Why should you and I have to pay to gain the protection of the law? We are the victims.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote