View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #105
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I have a question thouh regarding "N" do you find it worth the extra money to go to from g? I have a g router (linksys) and with my wifi was wondering if the n would be better, my tivo wifi dongle is g so not sure if it would help any way.

regards

jack
I'm not really sure - I had a belkin g before I got the belkin n. We're in a 2 storey house and the coverage was rubbish so I swapped it out for an n. It seemed to solve the coverage problem.

I did notice that there weren't many g routers for sale, most were n, n+ and even an n++. I am not very techie and just went for what I was familiar with and within a price that didn't make my eyes water too much ($229NZD, which is about $190USD).

But it is certainly much faster than the belkin n was - which was an unexpected bonus.

I'm not sure why wifi has to be so hard - there must be lots of people making money out of setting up wifi for those who have no idea what they are doing, and lots of unsecured networks out there as well.

Work for me today - would rather be at home enjoying the winter sun and reading! Enjoy the rest of your long weekend
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote