View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Patricia -- how many books do you keep on your Kindle? I've noticed a slow down if I keep all my books on it, so I've cut back substatially. (I think I've only got about 200 on their right now.) All the rest are in Calibre, and I'm using Calibre to manage and edit Collections (with the Collections plugin).

One thing about using Calibre for this, is that you don't much care if you lose what's on the Kindle, since it's trivial to re-create from the Calibre database.

Also, getting low on battery (which it sounds like happened) can be an issue. (And IME, the Kindle isn't all that good about showing current battery level. ) But I suspect that abookreader might be right about indexing being the issue.
I have about 450 books on my Kindle. Do you consider that a large number? I know it's advertised to hold 3500, so it seems like 450 should be just a drop in the bucket. I do have Calibre on my computer, but I don't make use of it like I should. I mostly use it to change the data on my books that are in a series, so I know what order to read them in. Sometimes it seems I spend a lot of time organizing ebooks, it took me forever to get them all into Goodreads, and then note which ones are Lendable. But I think I'm definitely going to look at putting more of them in Calibre, specifically the free ones, that frankly if I'm honest with myself, I don't know when I'll get around to reading. I have about 175 of those alone on my Kindle.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote