View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Sony's sorting software really outclasses any of the others I've seen.
Let me strongly disagree with you.

Yes, Sony firmware does feature tags. But that is about it.
If you want Sony firmware to work at all using tags you have to use their software to load the books.

Go ahead. Try loading 1000 books to your Sony Reader using calibre. The Reader will choke on that many books.
I will take multi level directories over tags any day.
Try inserting an SD card with 1GB of books on it. The reader will choke for hours.
With PocketBook the boot time is 10 seconds regardless of number of books you have on device/cards.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote