View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
Update: I tried to do a manual firmware reinstall of 2.3.1 following these instructions to no avail. My reader refuses to even start the update sequence. I tried downgrading to 2.1.4, but that also failed to initialize. I then tried placing the firmware folder in the main KoboeReader folder, and even placing the zip file in the .kobo folder. None of these worked. What am I doing wrong?
How far down did you unpack the zip file? Some unpackers unpack too far.

What you should be left with is three things:
- 1 folder called "upgrade"
- 1 file called KoboRoot.tgz (this sometimes gets unpacked too; it shouldn't)
- 1 file called manifest.md5sum

Those three should definitely go into the .kobo folder on the Kobo. Then eject the device, unplug, and the Kobo should start the install.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote