Thread: PW battery
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #11
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
So, after dropping to about 35% percent yesterday, I was reading over dinner (well, plus a break from work) for almost 3 hours. WIFI on, not 3g. In a bright place, so I had brightness almost all the way up. The kindle was completely drained at the end.

Put it back to recharge (charging now).
But, by this first estimate, it has about 8-10 hours with 3g and a screen turned at the max. Maybe 12-15 hours with wifi and a screen half-way. And that's a generous interpretation.

That's at most half of what I was getting with the KT with the lighted cover. With wifi/3g and the light always on, I was getting about 30 hours. And that was not very impressive.

All in all, I am really not impressed with battery life of any of the ebook readers I have had. The various SONYs and the Kindles... under normal usage, I have ALWAYS had to recharge about twice a week. Granted, all of them had magazine subscriptions and I have always used 3g more than wifi because I am lazy...

But this PW seems to be a 'charge every second day' device, so far.
Hopefully something is skewed in my observations.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote