View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
This is such a bizarre move. I've gifted a good half dozen books or more to my wife and vice versa. Good to know I can still pick up actual gift cards but still it baffles me why they would do this.
I feel somewhat guilty, as one possible reasons I think they may have gone for this move is that with gifts you could get around geographic restrictions. I had a prepaid card in dollars, and used it to buy books on a new, US account to gift them to my UK account. Having said that, curtailing the gift option altogether is too drastic a measure, and I am sure that they could have found some other ways to prevent this (e.g. accounts based in country X cannot gift to accounts based in country Y).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote