View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 AM   #3
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
According to the release notes, Stanza 2.1 "removes the ability to share books over USB as required by Apple"

I'm not sure what this feature refers to-Stanza never had an official way to transfer books over USB that I knew of besides using iPhone Explorer, a third party app.

Anyways, if you do use USB with Stanza, don't upgrade without checking it out.

edit: ok, Lexcycle updated their FAQ-it IS the iPhone Explorer method they had to deprecate. That is a pity, I know some people don't have wireless.
I use calibre for this too but before that I would upload my files to fictionwise and I could access my shelf through stanza, iirc.

Now, the reason for this change is that Apple hasn't established any guarantees on the location of files on the iphone's internal memory, so they can't allow apps to depend on that factor. The iPad will have a shared storage that will sync to the desktop, so I will be surprised if this feature doesn't show up in the next major update to the iPhone OS too. So, hopefully people affected by this USB issue with Stanza will only be affected temporarily.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote