View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
I personally don't think e-ink is ready for this yet. It's not color, which browsing the internet I would find annoying, and the refresh rate/cpu is so slow it would be like being on dial-up. Not to mention many of the things on the internet like active-x/java/flash/etc... are not on the e-ink devices.

Just my opinion but it sounds like a square peg/round hole scenario where you are setup for disappointment.
Right! Remember how LCD was when it came out...B/W, Slow...
Eink will do it, even without backlighting, and it will be better for the eyes.

I'm curious about eink being driven by a good graphics card on a real full fledge computer. Has anyone seen or tried that?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote