View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #9
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
While his Empire series was intresting, it did seem that his co-writer, Janny Wurts did most of the work as the style was quiet different.
While I agree with the general assessment that his latest offerings are quite a bit weaker than his earlier efforts, I need to defend him in this case. The Empire series was a truly collaborative effort, with Feist and Wurts swapping chapters back and forth, rewriting each other's scenes. Yes, the style is markedly different from REF's usual fare, but it's also quite (but IMO not as vastly) different from Wurts' style. There are occasional scenes where you can still detect who wrote what (the scene where Mara's spy master infiltrates the Hamoi Tong HQ is definitely showing REF's signature, e.g.), but to say that Janny Wurts did most of the work is grossly unfair and, from what I know, plain wrong.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote