View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 05:26 PM   #118
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
It is funny about having so many time displays and still wearing a watch. Back in the day, I usually sported a stainless steel calculator or memory bank watch because it was a convenient way to carry a bunch of necessary phone numbers, but now with a cellphone no need for that. So, I should be watchless, but instead wear a nice slim and reasonably stylish electromechanical watch. Why? Convenience as much as it being a decent looking accessory -I'm a compulsive clock checker. I guess the point is that despite the cellphone being so much more capable, I still prefer wearing the watch. I think it will remain much the same for many with e-ink readers. Personally, I've yet to see the LCD display that doesn't glare or isn't just a shade too bright for my taste even with the display brightness cranked down.
not quite a good comparison at all: I've not worn a watch in years and don't miss it at all, stylish or not.

checking the hours on an LCD display for a moment is acceptable, reading on it for long periods of time is not. My smartphone is far more convenient than my kindle, but not for reading at all.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote