View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I don't expect a content server to have adding, deleting, or editing features any time soon. I don't believe the demand for this is high enough at present and there are multiple solutions that work around this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
A multi-user library server for Calibre could be useful, if it's strong enough and adopted as standard, ebook readers and other ebook managers could implement it.
A multi-user server is on Kovid's todo list but currently there is no ETA on when it will be available. I don't know if or when the content server might reflect anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
I think Calibre must be improved in resource efficiency first, currently it's damn slow.
If you find calibre slow, you may want to open a new thread detailing where you run into slowness. For some areas it is easy to point out why and speed can be dramatically increased. I have a library with about 13000 entries and it did a cold open in 20 seconds.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote