View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
Michele Mesiti
Michele Mesiti began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Issues in PDF page navigation on Kobo touch

Hi everybody, this is my first forum post, and I bring problems.
English is not my mother tongue, so please forgive me for my bad grammar/poor vocabolary use.

I bought my kobo touch ten days ago, the software is updated to version 2.3.1. Since 6 inches are not very much to read a PDF, I usually zoom in, but with some PDF files the results are just wrong.

These PDFs are native PDFs or conversions from DJVU files that on PC just look well. I had also tried to manipulate them with "k2pdfopt", but the problem remained.

When zoomed in or not zoomed in but in landscape mode, the Touch may fail to detect where the edge of the page is. It may hide text, in the sense that I would not be able to see the top of the page (even scrolling, of course), or the left side, or bottom or right. At some zoom on some PDFs even the opposite can happen, that is the kobo thinks the page is really bigger than what it is, and I have to look for the text in a white sea, scrolling around. In this case I can see all the text, fortunately, but it's a bit tiring to reach the border of the page to go on the next one.
In both cases, it happens that what you see on the screen and what you see on the "navigation minimap" are not consistent with each other.

It depends on the PDF file I'm reading, but the bug is really reproducible (the bug is always present with some PDFs), so If it can be of any use I can provide some PDFs that trigger the problem. Is there any way to submit a bug report, I would be happy to cooperate.

I would also be happy if someone could give me directions on how to use k2pdfopt to alleviate or eliminate the problem; but I suspect it is a software bug and not a problem on my PDFs.
Michele Mesiti is offline   Reply With Quote