View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #258
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Does the Kindle app on Win 8 support multiple columns?

When using my iPad, I like to read in landscape mode with two columns. On my Kindles (Keyboard and Fire) I prefer portrait mode because of the smaller size (and because they do not support multiple columns).

Best regards,
Andy
On Surface RT: No (although help states otherwise for Windows 8 in general).
No biggy for myself, but I've got a real problem with the Kindle app on Surface RT: After downloading a few dozens of books, it states "no more storage" or something like that. Although I've got the 64GB version and more than 30GB left...
And the Kobo app isn't working that well either: I can't download big files from my Kobo account, for example Dilbert cartoons.
So far, the nook app works best.
But if it's working, all 3 apps are great. I love the form factor of Surface RT for reading. Landscape is great for the web, but I prefer portrait for books.

Last edited by mgmueller; 12-06-2012 at 11:08 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote