View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman View Post
Consolidate will copy the files to the library location (in your case Samba). You should consider enabling the "Copy files to iTunes Media Folder when adding to library" under Preferences/Advanced. This will copy files automatically to your library location when you add files. You won't have to use Consolidate again.

Tom
Right!

And after 5 hours of hard work! :-) ... is done. It took a while the process of generating the iTune library and copying the songs from one folder to another, via iTunes I mean. Besides tweaking the Linux permissions without exposing too much either.

The Samba share and permissions are working like a charm and I enable the "Copy files to iTunes Media Folder when adding to library" option too ( Thanks Tom)

Next time she buys a book or something from Apple and later sync, everything will reside on the Samba share, not locally.

I will probably post my Samba config file later for additional input or in case someone else is interested also.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote