View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #12
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
I believe it amounts to a bit more than 20%, but fine -- then we all agree that ebooks should be cheaper, at least by 20%.

Moreover, they should be of comparable quality to the printed editions, and should be as easily transferred to future hardware devices. If not, then ebooks should be still cheaper.
That's what I was going to say, so well said. If 20% of the cost no longer exists than why are the books not 20% cheaper. And then as someone else mentioned I can go to Costco or elsewhere and get a discount - seems similar discounts should be available for ebooks.

Too bad the Justice Department is defending war stuff - if some of those lawyers had time to read ebooks, maybe they would investigate price collusion.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote