View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #17
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
I tried the program.
It errored out for few feeds.
Forbes - Autolt Error. Array varaible has incorrect number of ....
Newsweek - it showed the progress bar, downloading articles, but did not create an output file
Time - Errored out
After each error program exited, my options (Sony, font size, etc.) were not saved.

USA Today, SF Chronicle and NYT worked well. It created nicely formatted pdf files, with TOC.

I used "Images On" option, but did not get a single image. The filter on days also didn't seem to work, I put "1 day old" but got much older articles.

At some point it opened over 20 windows, "Register and get more features"

Charles, you seem to know about this program. What are the more features that you get with registration? The web site is not clear:
"After you register, we will send you an activation code and we will tell you how you can download HUNDREDS of magazines".

I use Calibre for daily news. This program could be useful if I could quickly add feeds that did not exist in Calibre.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote