View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
Eclipse
Eclipse began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks for the answers,

I've tried PDFs and sure you are right, if it was I who wrote the documents and could control the formatting. But it isn't and reformatting several 100 pages of document to fit my Reader is what I am hoping to avoid.

Just going over all pictures and making the width "relative" took me a couple of hours. Otherwise Office complains about that pictures wont fit the new "page-settings". Then there is the cleaning up of all Styles and Paragraphs (usually more than 50 used in a document).

When I have tried the PDF on a small section of a document it works fine in "small" view, but if I change view size (zoom) all the layout get distorted.

I have read Sony's guide and I have read several other guides on the Web. The usual shortcoming is that it would take me days to convert the original to some useful format that I then can convert.

Or am I missing some magic tricks in MS-Office or Open Office that takes a text and make a "clever" thing with it, or a way to do batch-like jobs on paragraphs and objects? As you can tell, I'm not a word-processing guru ;-)
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote