View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
No, I'm sorry I don't agree. I must have bought or downloaded >50 ebooks in the 9 months or so that I've had my Cybook. I certainly did not buy >50 print books in the 9 months before I got it.

Regards, Alex
In that case, the total sales would have been up. But, if it's true what they are saying (ebook sales are eating into the pbook sales), it would mean that the total sales would be the same (or more or less the same).

My personal opinion is that the total amount of sales is much higher. Yes, the pbook sales might be a bit lower, but this is more than compensated by the ebook sales.

If I take myself as example: I used to buy about 1 book a month (on average), generally pockets.

Now, I buy about 3 books a month (on average), all ebooks. So, they lose those 12 pockets a year, but gain 36 ebooks a year.

But right now, I'm only buying in US based shops (much cheaper as I don't have to pay that 19% VAT I'd have to pay over ebooks if I bought them here as opposed to the 6% VAT on pbooks). So, in my case, yes, they (as in the Dutch stores) lose sales, but not because I buy ebooks, but because a) they don't have the selection I want and b) because they are way more expensive than their US counterparts.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote