View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #11
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_ninja View Post
Couple of comments:

Powerex 2700 are a great choice. However, if the external battery pack is not used often then you may want to go with LSD type NiMH AAs like Eneloops. Depends on your usage pattern.

I would suggest a decent AA charger like BC900 or BC700

Try not to drain the external pack with AAs completely. AAs will last longer if they are recharged before they are completely empty. Using 2 sets of 4AAs and simply swapping them betwee the pack and charger would work well. That way you never wait.
I agree. I'm also going to try it w/ Imedion 2100 Low-Self-Discharge batteries. (LSD? watch those acronyms )

I have a very nice 8 battery charger w/ conditioning and all, but I'm not going to haul that one along, so it's good to be able to recharge them on the go in the pack (and it's not quick-charge, so that should be easier on the batteries too)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote