View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #64
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Is a glorified web browser. The only real advantage it has is a fast boot up time, which hardly seems to matter given that most people just put their devices in sleep mode.
Bootup time isn't an real issue with most competitors in that price class. My Ultrabook(FullHD, small SDD, real 500GB HD, sufficient CPU and sufficient GPU) which is in same price range and similar desing booted up in 21 seconds, which included typing password and choosing the OS to boot from and this was cold start. And from hibernation even less...

1300$ isn't cheap. Also 60$ a month for 1TB? I can't think many uses for such amount for user of web based apps. Heavy video and picture editing isn't there yet. So just where will people use this space? I can pretty easily waste it on games and other stuff, but I prefer those to be on my local disk or external device...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote