Thread: Request Any Help is Appreciated!
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #10
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHELLVVS View Post
i have had my PE for 2 mos and still have not been successful with the upgrade to Ermine. I am now trying a 512 MB USB formated to FAT32. i downloaded the correct update and renamed "update". I have read and followed all instructions to the letter. Every time I try the update I keep getting "LOST.DIR" on my USB and never get a successful update.....CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE????
First, check you have a good update.zip - try opening it on your computer, if it opens and shows more zip files then it is OK - if it doesn't then download it again and test again.

Second, try several USB sticks as not all sticks are created equal. I have a 1 GB stick that will only work on one of our computers ans one clients computer, I also have several 5 GB sticks that work on anything I try them on.

If after you have proved the update.zip is good and tried it on several USB sticks making sure it is update.zip and nothing else - look at it plugged into your unit using ES File Explorer - and it still doesn't update let us know and we will try and help some more.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote