View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 03:55 AM   #121
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
The main thing I wanted to accomplish was get rid of annoying header/footer/page# interrupting the flow, as opposed to building a perfect book.
You can do that in Calibre using the search & replace feature, but I guess that's not really beginner level anymore.

Quote:
Edit: And I haven't tested yet to see the results of eliminating Word out of that and doing the search/replace and minor clean-up work in Open Office instead, to reduce conversions: epub --> rtf --> odt --> epub. The sequence with docx in it may be better than the sequence without docx.
You don't even need the ODT and the RTF. Pick one of those, OpenOffice can read and save both those formats, and Calibre can convert from both.