View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #28
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post

The Night's Dawn trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton

Pandora's Star by Peter F. Hamilton

Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton

The GAP sequence by Stephen Donaldson

The Culture sequence by Iain M. Banks

The Xeelee sequence by Stephen Baxter

The Mote in God's Eye by Nicen & Pournelle

The Forge of God + The Anvil of Stars by Greg Bear

The Eon sequence (Legacy, Eon, Eternity) by Greg Bear

A Fire Upon the Deep and A Deepness in the Sky (separate stories) by Vernor Vinge

Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons

The Uplift War trilogy (Sundiver, Startide Rising, Uplift War) by David Brin

Those are the ones which immediately spring to mind. Whether they're all proper "Space Operas" I'm not entirely sure, but they're certainly some of the very best SciFi books I've read.

I'd like to second ALL of Belfaborac's excellent suggestions. Especially Hamilton, Donaldson and Simmons.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote