View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
pwjone1
Bookie
pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunie_ View Post
im an avid reader of self-help and business books so i need a reader that is,

1) Reads PDF well. and i need your opinion if 6" is really good and sufficient to read PDF files.

2) able to make notes, but my concern is if making long notes on the reader is easy at all as compared to writing the notes on a paper.

your recommendations will help me!
Generally, how well the current crop of 6" diagonal eBook readers handle things is mostly a factor of what's in the PDF. If it's mostly text, and I would think business books are that way, then you're possibly OK with something like the Sony PRS readers, which at current levels do a reasonable job of splitting things up and have native PDF support. But 6" is ultimately, pretty small for a technical book, so something bigger, like the iRex DRs or the upcoming Kindle DXs, will do much better. No real substitute for pixels, when you need them, so you might need the bigger screens.

Notes on the reader is doable, but having a keyboard makes that somewhat easier, which favors the Amazon offerings. If you're just bookmarking, or making notes by copying or highlighting, they mostly all will do that much. Obviously, something like a PC with a real keyboard has advantages there, or a tablet PC if you like to scribble.
pwjone1 is offline   Reply With Quote