View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #10
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poyo View Post
Finally, i found a very simple way (I could try it before but was little afraid to damage the file system from Sony...).
So i just plugged my reader on my linux mint, created a Music folder in the SD Card, and put each mp3 album on it. When i restarted the player, he scanned the card and just saw all the files and then i can play it.

Voila
Sorry - that is the normal way to do it that I had assumed you already tried so did not bother to mention it. It is also possible to copy ebooks in a similar way but is not the way I would recommend for ebooks as the calibre interface is much easier and richer.

One weakness of the Sony for audiobooks is that it does not have a very good interface for playing audio. I find it is just about adequate for audiobooks, but not at all good for music. Still at times it is nice to be able to listen to a book rather than put in the effort of trying to read it.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote