View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
My main stalling point is collections. I have a K3, and use the Calibre Kindle Collections plugin extensively when loading my books on the K3. I think I have to jailbreak the PW to use a collections manager... is this the right jailbreak for that? and will the standard Kindle Collections Plugin work, or is there something different I have to do to automate my kindle collections?
Yes, that's the correct jailbreak, and yes, the standard Kindle Collections plugin for calibre does work, although it's recommended to use the "Touch friendly" one by NiLuJe (linked from the CM thread) - it better supports the Touch and PW way of managing collections.

Quote:
What else will the jailbreak allow me to do? What are the risks of jailbreaking? I've never done something like that before, and am very nervous about trying it and turning my nice new PW into a brick if I do something wrong.
Take a look around in the dev corner. There are various (though ATM, not terribly many yet) hacks available for the PW - but if you're happy with the device as it is, nobody forces you to install any of them

If you're only using "prepared" and tested hacks, or follow well-tested instructions, then the risk of jailbreaking is essentially nonexistent.

Of course, it *allows* you to shoot yourself in the foot, for instance by installing usbnetwork and then a) randomly modifying files on the internal partitions, or b) running commands that you don't understand. But you have to actively get the pumpgun, aim at your foot and pull the trigger. Unless you do that, you're on the safe side.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote