View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #68
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I do think there was an implicit promise that the ereader would pay for itself in savings, at the time I bought mine. Maybe that's no longer true now they are more established, and people are aware of their other advantages.
When e-readers were new, I remember reading that ebooks would be less expensive and the savings would pay for the e-reader, though I'm not sure whether it was ebook sellers saying it or articles about ebooks that claimed it. Maybe people writing articles made assumptions about how much ebooks would cost.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote