View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Thanks you all for your replies. This comes as a real surprise to me after so many years using writer2xhtml and Sigil. I realize too that the Editor provides no safety net contrary to Sigil.

1. - So, if I still keep using writer2xhtml, I will need to correct it first by opening it with Sigil and avoid using it first with the calibre Editor. Not a big deal but good to know.

2. - The alternative choice is to manually correct it with he calibre Editor. But there is still something here that I do not get: take my broken EPUB (the one unsaved): I should be able to correct it easily. It's a fairly simple task: I know the good final structure to respect (a Fonts folder, manifest with the right path, @font-face).

I tried several times to correct manually the manifest using the calibre Editor, but I failed like if my manual changes were not taken into account. If a direct manual change in the manifest is not possible, what is the recommended way to proceed? I'll move this question to the calibre Editor thread.

@st_albert, @theducks

Single quotes are OK for fonts, provided you make a consistent use of them in your EPUB. Double quotes are probably more common.

@Toxaris

I did not know there were such thing as "social DRM". I always thought they were totally wild...

Last edited by roger64; 03-25-2014 at 09:37 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote