View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #18
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Four for a Boy is actually a "prequel" even though its number/place in the series wouldn't seem to indicate that.
I ended buying the lot and am currently reading that one. Pretty good so far, and I guess it's a "prequel" because thus far it's been telling some backstory of what looks like an early case in flashback.

I can also definitely recommend the Priscilla Royal medieval mystery from this lot. I finished that last week and it was well-written and quite enjoyable with nice historical notes and I'll have to look for more in the library/wait for further sale.

And I finished the Betty Webb one, which was also good (though not as good as the Royal). However, it might not be for everyone because of the potentially upsetting subject matter of the case.

I do hope PPP offer more direct discount sales (even if not at quite at the excellent pricing of 99 cents per and DRM-free). But it looks like the follow-up books for some of these series at Kobo are just under $5 and couponable, to boot.

So fairly decent pricing all around, at least for the better quality series books.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote