View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #26
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alans View Post
I"m sure my battery life is not close to six hours. Someone mentioned in a forum
that they had almost ten hours without wifi being on, but I can barely get a few
hours in.
--------------------------------------------------

You have to assume that like cars, and their projected EPA MPG...it is almost impossible to achieve in the real world. They run at near perfect conditions in a wind tunnel to get that rating.

I'm sure the same goes with all manufacturer's battery life ratings.....

Here's what I do to extend the battery life on my Vox. When reading, I go into Airplane Mode, and also use the System Brightness tab. Doing so has given me close to and around the six hour mark, with the brightness for most occasions able to give a good reading session. Never have I been able to get snug with 7 hours. I imagine this is done with the Vox's features all dumbed down...and the screen brightness set manually to the lowest setting. Like I said...they claim that seven hour mark....but they don't say on the box or hype at what settings did the manufacturer dumb down the Vox...to achieve that figure.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote