View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
theboyk
theboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura abouttheboyk has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Calibre, Kobo Touch & Cover Artwork

Does anyone know if it's possible, using Calibre, to properly send cover artwork to the Kobo Touch?

I'm trying to get the following working:

- cover artwork fills screen @ proper aspect ratio when device sleeps/off
- cover artwork @ proper aspect ration when on Home Screen (which seems different than the aspect ratio when the device sleeps/off)
- no borders used on cover artwork

I have gone through the many threads in these forums as well as numerous Google searches and the best I can come up with is:

- start with a custom cover @ 600px x 800px
- convert to ePub via Calibre
- export the ePub
- delete the ePub from Calibre
- load of a virtual instance of Windows 7 (I'm on a Mac) and run the ePub through ePubFixer
- re-import the ePub into Calibre
- load the ePub onto my device

Using the above method, I get:

- cover artwork fills screen @ proper aspect ratio when device sleeps/off
- no borders used on cover artwork

But, I'm still getting incorrect aspect ratios (ie. the image is vertically stretched) when book covers are displayed on the Home Screen. I could live with this, but even getting this far is way too much work just to get the cover to display properly sometimes.

Does anyone know a better way of doing this? Is it possible to even get a cover that displays properly on both the sleep/off screen AND Home Screen?

Thanks,
Kristin.
theboyk is offline   Reply With Quote