View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I did a minor self-poll a bit ago, and found, just looking at the reading I did last year, most of the books I've read (both fiction and non-fiction) were written by women - and that I enjoyed the books by women better than I did the ones by men (both fiction and non-fiction, interestingly enough). Part of it seems to be that the male authors I read wrote primarily plot-driven books, and I prefer character-driven novels. A notable exception was Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore, written by a male (Robin Sloan, I think), but definitely character-driven.
That's okay. Women can prefer women authors. It's the opposite that is labeled idiotic, stupid, and evil.

I assume a name with initials is a woman. I assume a gender neutral name is more likely to be a woman than not.

There are a few women authors I read, mostly older books, but as a rule I prefer male authors.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote