View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #40
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Wow....you said a lot here......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfusion View Post
Day 2 with the reader. Will likely use for reading pdf journal articles. My concern is that my public library does not have many of the ebook titles I would like to read and 9.99/book will get expensive.
Be patient......and don't forget, Public Domain books are free Also still cheaper than buying a New Release Hardcover in a bookstore.

Quote:
I also wish there was a way to load my reader with my digital magazine and newspaper subscriptions which will come with the Daily.
I'm pretty sure they will have that ability....just instead of getting it wirelessly we would have to plug it in which I am quite ok with....Wireless eats battery.

Quote:
My store did not have silver so I went with black. My concern is that the black border will get tiresome after a while.
How so?

Quote:
Also felt 299 + tax was a bit steep considering you could get a netbook for that price.
Whole different technology here, like an iPod one spends $300 for, I didn't buy it to be a netbook, I bought it to listen to music, I bought my Reader to read books

Quote:
Also, in a few months, as usual there will be better readers to buy.. gadgets always expire the second after you buy them...
Despite all this, it is a gorgeous technology and will save me from carrying loads of printed articles and hardcover books.
If it does what you bought it to do, and does it well, does that mean because a newer version of it released it is now worthless? Besides Sony updates these once a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_wolf View Post
A PRS-600BC was waiting on my Welcome mat when I got home.

Although I appreciate quick delivery, I let ABT know I wasn't happy about the package sitting on my doorstep when I was still out of town. Needless to say, it was a relief to see it was still there.
It's funny, I usually think the complete opposite. If I pay the extra for the quicker shipping, I don't want to come home to a note saying 1st attempt, that defeats the purpose of paying extra for quicker shipping, no?

Last edited by DougFNJ; 09-14-2009 at 03:13 PM.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote