View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 07:21 PM   #71
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
It seems to be the Long Press that causes me problems. My thumb just naturally ends up resting on the page Can that be disabled?

I've only been using the app for a little while so may have missed some features but here are a few things I've noticed that I'd like to see changed. Overall though, very nice app.
1) After downloading using OPDS, there's no confirmation. Has caused me to press the download button more than once.
2) There does not appear to be a way to adjust the margins.
3) I prefer the way Brightness works in Marvin where it actually affects the iPad brightness. I'm sure others prefer it the way it is. No big deal.
4) After exiting the app while reading, then going back in later, I end up on the library page, not in the book. This is extremely annoying. I have to find and then select the book I was reading.
5) The data at the edges, title, percent, chapter etc. are a little distracting. Perhaps they could be dimmer?
6) When connecting to an OPDS server (my caliber), I'm always asked to confirm the credentials. I'd rather be connected without the credential dialog if I've saved my creds.

Thanks for your consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
Interesting! Apparently, you prefer to read on a touch-screen device with minimal tap gestures, but swipe gestures are ok.

If this is true, then you should definitely give BookMaster a try.

On iOS there are many types of touch gestures. The 3 common types in question here are tap (short press), touch-and-hold (long press) and swipe.

In BookMaster, you need a tap for menu access. And you're ok.

You don't need a tap for page turn. You can turn it off in Gesture Control (see the attached figure).

To lookup or highlight a word, etc., you need to long-press on it and then select a command out of the pop-up context menu or tap somewhere else to cancel it. Thus it is quite difficult to highlight a word accidentally in BookMaster. This same statement can not be said for iBooks, as you have pointed out.

In fact, even the vertical swipe for brightness control can be turned off.

Is there anything you've asked for regarding gestures that I have not listed yet?