Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:34 AM   #162
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Slight correction, it would not respond after it come out of sleep mode. I'd wake it up, it would wake up, I'd finish reading the page, tap to turn the page... nothing, tap again... nothing, tap again... nothing... after about the 6th tap it would reboot and be all happy again until the next time it went to sleep. It's been suggested this may be because I use an SD card to store my books on. I did not try this: read/sleep/wake/read procedure without the SD card in. I did try a complete reset and upgrade via the desktop app but still had the same problem. I went back to 1.9.17 as other than dead taps every so often I've had no other problems with it, it's been my favorite firmware.
I noticed that restart on coming out of sleep. On the 3 KTs I've tested, all of them exhibited the same behaviour. Wake it up, displays the last page read, tap to move to the next page and nothing happens, try a couple of more taps and the KT restarts.

On my KT, I tried the signout, factory reset and auto upgrade, factory reset and manual upgrade, removing all books from the SD card and re-adding them after a factory reset and nothing seemed to help with the restart issue.

Two of the KTs were happy campers when I removed the SD card and copied the books to the internal memory (about 500MB on one and 250MB on the other). The third one is mine and it works without the SD card but I have more books on the SD card than will fit into the KT's internal memory so I had to decide whether to remove some books from the active library or to drop back to 2.1.1 until the next upgrade comes out.

Being a curious soul and having some time on my hands, I tried 4 different micro-SD cards in my KT and the same restart after sleep with all of them so I don't think it is an issue with my micro-SD card collection.

At this time, IMO, if you use the KT without an SD card, 2.1.4 is definitely a must have. If you use an SD card, 2.1.4 is not going to make your list of top upgrades for 2012.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-07-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Internal dictionary and fingers not communicating
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote