View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
It depends on what you have available to you. I bought my wireless Kindle and Nook before we had wireless at home. I could easily get to the library, McDonalds or the clinic (all with free download) to download my books at least once a week, so totally not worth the $60 to me. However, my Dad's elderly cousin or my disabled brother never get out - for them, the 3G is almost a necessity (especially since the cousin doesn't even have a computer to side load).

So - the question is - do you travel a lot within the US? If you do, having 3G will be a lot easier (and likely cheaper) for you. I don't know if the 3g for american units works in Europe - something to check if you travel there. On the other hand, considering that you can load up a lifetime of reading material on your ereader at once, those rare times when you actually NEED to download something (such as the recent software upgrade) are few and far between.

The point is - can you easily access wireless for cheap/free? If not, 3G may be worth it to you.

Finally, I don't get daily newspapers. That could be another factor for some. I can also tell you that I can really appreciate instant buying when I come to the end of a book in a series and immediately want the next book. :0

Last edited by Tarana; 11-04-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote