View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
I have the same issue, after the KT automatically updated when I forgot and left wireless on. Everything else seems to work, just no screensaver in sleep mode and it stays on the last image. And I really, really don't have the technical know-how to even begin to find a solution. (But hey, if you need advice on how to conduct a multibillion dollar international arbitration, I'm your girl.)

I have the data.tar.gz jailbreak installed (not sure who's version), and tried installing Yifan Lu's simple screensaver hack as suggested in the KT wiki page (after carefully making sure all my custom screensavers were properly named and formatted), but no luck. It downloads to the USB drive and onto the Kindle fine, or at least after I disconnect from the computer I get "update your kindle" option on the settings menu so the basic jailbreak is still working. Then it restarts, but eventually I get the "update unsuccessful Error 3" message. I tried to figure out the explanations of how to fix that error in the context of a bricked KT, but frankly got lost in the jargon and was afraid I really would brick my device. So I'm going to keep searching the web for a fix, while hoping that some kind, generous, and non-judgmental developer here will come up with a simple solution to rescue us ignorant non-techies.
I successfully got the simple screensaver to work. Are you sure you are still jailbroken? The error 3 message can happen when you aren't jailbroken.

If you are, then maybe follow the directions through one more time. In my case, I was having issues because my enable_diags file was not working. A few folks helped me out. Let me find that thread and hopefully it will steer you in the right direction!
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote