View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
sun surfer--good luck with your decision!

I bought a wi-fi nook in July thinking it would last me for quite awhile...but then Sony came out with the 650 and I couldn't resist--for me it's pretty much the perfect reader.

It has everything on your list of items you want on your new reader, with the exception of wifi. Not a problem for me, because I rarely used the wifi.

I personally find the Sony's interface to be much easier to use than the nook's. The nook isn't difficult once you figure it out, but the Sony's interface is so much more intuitive. And you're right, the nook is a little on the heavy side--when I first got my Sony, I couldn't believe how light it was. The battery life is much better on the Sony too. I get 3 weeks as opposed to 3-4 days on my nook.

If wifi is really important to you, and you can afford it you might consider the new Sony 950s. They have wifi and I think they are actually a little smaller than the nook. I do know they are quite a bit lighter. My husband has an older 900 and it's almost exactly the same size as my nook--and when we compared it to the new 950s at the Sony Style store the 950 was much lighter.

Hope this helps!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote