View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #91
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
Having come over to the dark side from Windows a couple of years back, I agree with this poster, but as for Apple getting too greedy, I don't see it. They put out a fine product and yes it would be nice to have usb port, I knew going in that is wasn't to be on the Ipad. It would be nice to be able to transfer files via a flash drive. Maybe in Gen 2.
The reason I think Apple is getting a wee bit too greedy is plain and simple. In this day and age not providing a USB (or even a mini USB) port is simply inexcusable. Unless you consider theories such as the one I put forward.
Apple is making lots of money (and rightly so) by making good hardware. Not including basics such as USB ports and cameras is just plain nasty.
There should be no need for you to wait for Gen 2 or fork out money for after market accessories for this.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote