View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #18
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
But on the other hand, I remember when we were first married and starting out, and the price of movies was too much, so I would hit the libraries and thrift stores for cheap books. That was our entertainment. Money was tight, and it would have been a problem to afford new books. So we would pack up some sandwiches, the telescope, and a book, and go somewhere in the countryside where it was dark. We would look at the stars, picnic, and read to each other (or listen to books on tape). Now we have satellite TV with DVR, and a lot of the romance is lost due to being glued to the tube. Sigh.
I saw a cartoon years back with a dazed and disheveled but happy woman lying on a couch, and her husband saying "Now do you remember what we used to do before we got the TV?"

You might consider drawing up a schedule, and specifying times when the TV is unplugged for the duration.

Quote:
In a perfect world, I would read my ebooks and pass them along to the next person, just like I used to do with pbooks. It's more complicated with electronic books, because DRM is always watching.
In that perfect world, the ebook would magically be erased from your system when you passed it on. With a pbook, there's only one copy, and if you pass it along, you no longer have it. DRM is intended to address the fact that it isn't that way with ebooks.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote