View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #16
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for this novou. Reading your replies I feel my position is similar to yours, which seems rather measured and reasonable. I don't have an issue with Kobo's desire for said metrics but I do prefer transparency and an option for my participation which I don't feel some lines buried in a ToS far removed from PoS and my device constitutes, nor am I partial to said metrics passing through Google's data collecting services.

@Lunchtray: The harvesting of data is all part and parcel with interacting with most organizations these days, but just because this is so doesn't mean that everyone else does it is a sound defense for such practices which if we're honest are more-oft action with the ignorance of the general populace.

I'm also curious of your assertion "that almost every piece of software on any type of mobile device has Google Analytics inserted into it right?". Do you have to source for this claim. I'm not doubting that many mobile apps send back statistics/data in some form, just more curious that "almost every" one uses GA?

Last edited by molman; 01-05-2012 at 02:31 AM.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote