View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
When displaying the lists, the device reads each book, renders the first page and uses that for the cover. So, how long displaying a page in the list takes depends on how long that takes. For books in the main memory, the rendered cover is saved on the device and reused each time it is needed. For books on the SD card, the cover is rendered each time it is needed.

So, the speed is probably a bit of both. The devices are very low powered and generating the covers is a fairly intensive action, so it will take time. And the actions for books on the SD card seem a bit slower than the main memory. Plus the above difference in how the device handles covers.

But, 50 seconds seems very long. I don't normally use an SD card in my Glo and I can't test it at the moment. But, I thought it was taking about 10 seconds to display the list the last time I had the card in.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote