View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #57
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I have to say I'm disappointed by the reports thus far. All the advance hype gave the impression the lighting is perfect. One guy said he thought he was looking at a backlit display. All the amazon videos and pics show it perfectly even. Bezos says the light is so good you will want to use it all the time. The on screen instruction tells you as much.

Now, some review videos that came out after the embargo show the lighting is uneven. Some worse than others. But I was hoping it was just bad photography.

I'm not as psyched any more. Maybe I should hold off and wait a bit. Maybe they have some production issues to work though.
If you haven't ordered a PW yet it won't hurt to do so as any new order will take at least 3 weeks before being shipped. Within the next few days or weeks you should have a much better idea of whether the PW has a major light issue or whether this is a very minor issue. Many people will be getting PWs today, including myself, and we will report back on whether this is an important issue or not. I suspect it is a minor thing and no deal breaker.