View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
This concludes my homework for today.
But will it launch from the build directory (before make install)? If it does (dictionaries and other resources might be unavailable--just looking for a successful program launch here), then you're still in business. Look at that same thread for hints on adding the QT5/lib directory to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

I launch Sigil with a custom script that updates the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable beforehand. I use this simple bash script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Adds the directory the Qt5 libs are located
# in to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH before launching sigil.

QTLIB_DIR="/location/of/your/Qt5/lib"

if [ -z "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ]; then
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$QTLIB_DIR"
else
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$QTLIB_DIR:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
fi

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

exec sigil "$@"
Obviously change QTLIB_DIR to the location where your QT5 libs are located (and potentially the name/location of the "real" Sigil executable--the one "make install" creates--might need to be modified).

If it all works, I change the real executable (/usr/local/bin) to something like sigil-real and change the custom launch script (also in /usr/local/bin) to sigil so all shortcuts and *.desktop file associations still function as expected.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-05-2013 at 09:01 AM.