View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #53
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I agree, but LibraryThing has a fee membership (lifetime) and I don't think it's working out all that well. They would have been able to at least guess at which idea was more lucrative. And Amazon has deep pockets.
You're totally right of course. Obviously selling out to Amazon would be more lucrative, if that's what they were after. Not that I blame them - if had started GR, and Amazon slid a scrap of paper across the table, as it were, that had a number with a lot of zeros after it, I'd probably sell out too. It is disappointing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
It was by far my favorite, but LibraryThing is still independent.
I think LibraryThing is partially owned by Amazon or one of its subsidiaries, please correct me if I'm wrong.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote