View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #50
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
My head is beginning to ache from this ...
Some of these new possible categories - Modern Fiction and Award Winners so far - can be interpreted in different ways that make them almost completely different categories depending on how one interprets them.

"Anything goes award winners" and "major non-genre award winners" are two very different possible categories.

"Any book in any genre modern fiction" and "More realistic dramatic plots modern fiction" are two very different possible categories.

I'm taking the time to point out these things because I think others may assume either of these categories is going to be one thing and then it might end up being not just a little different but very different to what they expected. Better to try to make it clear in the beginning than for people to be disappointed over what a category actually means afterwards.

In this situation, I think the best thing for anyone to do before supporting those categories is to assume the definition they'd least like to be used will be.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote