View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
Various: Bible: King James Version, Complete; v1a; 02 Aug 2008

Until now there has been no complete, well structured, and highly linked Bible in native LRF format. Herewith is my candidate to fill the void. I am committed to providing the best quality text, the best TOC possible, and the best hyperlinking scheme. Any ideas for improvement are appreciated. Updates will be made as needed to keep this a state-of-the-art eBook.

And, as opposed to say a PDF eBook, this uses all the features of the Sony Reader and LRF files - beautiful crisp text, 3 sizes of fonts, automatic reflow done correctly.

There are three related eBooks in this post: 1) the complete Bible, 2) the Old Testament only, and 3) the New Testament only.

Each of the books is structured as follows:

1. The TOC (accessible via the reader menu - and having entries assigned to the buttons) is a list of the Books of the Bible in traditional order.

2. Within the eBook is a several-tier TOC that allows a relatively rapid way to get to individual books and chapters.

3. Also provided is an alphabetical list - accessible both through the reader TOC and the structured TOC internal to the document.

4. Every Chapter heading within the eBook has 6 hyperlinks that allow quick stepping forward and back by book and by chapter. Two of these links also allow a quick ascend to the book's TOC or the master TOC, as appropriate.

Although built to make the best use of the Sony Reader, the HTM text is quite straight-forward -- and so might very well work adequately with other technologies also. Given the complexities of the extreme TOC, some very particular options were needed with the CALIBRE html2lrf conversion. I am including scripts (DOS BAT files) for the assistance of anyone wishing to try a different format.

Finally an important (perhaps) observation. I tried all three of these files on my reader and used all three magnifications on each. None of them blew up my reader. I used to think that big and/or complex was a problem. But these files are huge and have a lot of links. So something else must be problem.

Given the nature of these particular eBooks, I present the statistics in a little different way:

metric...............Old Test.....................New Test...................Complete
-------...............-----------...................-------------.................-----------
books......................39..................... ...........27...........................66
chapters.................929...................... ........260.......................1,189
verses................23,145...................... .....7,957......................31,102
words.............~640,000......................~1 91,000..................~831,000
pages................~2,600....................... .....~780.....................~3,380
links....................6,546.................... ........1,851.......................8,397

Version 1a:

Adds the preface as requested.
Segmentation of the Chapter TOC for books with the most chapters.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Bible_KJVa.lrf (3.81 MB, 1303 views)
File Type: lrf Bible_KJV_OTa.lrf (2.90 MB, 935 views)
File Type: lrf Bible_KJV_NTa.lrf (942.4 KB, 932 views)
File Type: zip Bible_KJV_htmlA.zip (2.65 MB, 914 views)

Last edited by TedPark; 08-11-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Version 1a
TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote