View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #369
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddCosine View Post
I'm using the word count plug-in in Calibre for the count. I'll have to estimate words for any DTBs I read. I made a spreadsheet to track my total and calculate my progress against where I should be on any given date. Very motivating. I'm about 200,000 words ahead of schedule so far.
Does anyone know of another easy method for getting word counts? I use Calibre only for books that I don't get from Amazon, so most of mine aren't in it.

Another reason I use page counts is because page counts are easy. Amazon has them for most books, even if there isn't a hardcopy, if they don't have one goodreads does a lot of the time, and for anything else (maybe 5% of my library), I can estimate page count based on the average locations/page from everything else.

Word counts are not as easy, and the ones I do get tend to be order of magnitude only (100,000 words exactly? I think not.) which are not as easy to estimate with.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote